MSP Based Data Protection
Flexibility and Choices for the MSP Client
MSP clientelle have growing needs. If you can't provide the functionality they need, who will? Cofio helps you deliver enterprise data protection capabilities, at SMB prices.
Add more than just Backup. Replication, CDP, File Versioning, Archive, Compliance Tracking, more.
Installation and configuration of AIMstor takes minutes. Enabling another service offering takes minutes, or even seconds. Create unique solutions based only on what your customer needs.
- My customers often need
more than "just" backup
- Exactly! AIMstor delivers Backup / Archiving / Replication / Continuous Data Protection and Data Tracking in a single application. These added services can be mixed together or kept separate
- My customers need workflow
- AIMstor is built like a whiteboard. Drag and Drop what you need to do, and we compile it and make the nodes do the work. Workflows in AIMstor are built on how the Client does business. MSP's that capitalize on customer workflow understanding, will maintain high customer retention
- So many services would
require too much Bandwidth
- Not true. AIMstor moves byte level changes only, reducing data transfers over the network by 90% or more. And, all repository data is fully unified, single-instanced and deduplicated, using only 5% of normal expected capacity
- I don't want to manage 10
- AIMstor is a single application. Period. We have unified enterprise data protection tools into a unified solution. One multipurpose agent sits on customer machines, capable of delivering many layers of value
- My customers often need
Managed Service Provider Offerings: Data Protection Key Features
- SaaS Flexibility
- Cofio provides you with the capability to manage client keys on a permanent, time based (day, week, month, quarter, etc.), or usage basis (capacity consumed, jobs executed, polices in use, etc.). By providing OPEX monthly payment plans to customers, expensive capital outlays can be avoided.
- Monitor Systems
- Each instance of AIMstor will manage the client domain with real-time monitoring of data transfers, events and logs.
- Node Management
- Authorizing and de-authorizing nodes at customer sites is easily done. Machine groups can be created on the fly to attach to policies and data flows in seconds.
Optimizing MSP Infrastructures
- Next Generation Live Backup
- Eliminates the inadequacies of Legacy Backup by providing zero-wait backup windows, unified deduplication, and fully unified disk repositories that can scale to your needs.
- Continuous Data Protection, CDP
- Similar to backup, but optimized for faster Recovery Time Objectives, AIMstor CDP can be used with Backup, and can use the same data, allowing the source to move the data only once.
- Optimizing Bandwidth
- AIMstor only transmits byte level changes, eliminating the large datasets that are typical of backup products today, freeing up bandwidth, while providing various levels of data protection at a far less cost to the network.
- Reduced Network Usage
- Allows the line to be used simultaneously with other applications that may exist in the environment. Variable and scheduled bandwidth throttling is also supported.
- Real-Time Replication
- Synchronous, Asynychronous and Asynch Journaled Replication for local and remote sites, with on-demand restore and disaster recovery. With Replicator, you can implement a single, truly unified solution, mixing other tools such as Backup, CDP and Versioning within the same policy instance.
- File Versioning
- Because AIMstor auto-classifies dataMore frequent backups cause no CPU or system overhead on the source machine. Data is captured incrementally as it is changed or created. A backup is in effect a point of consistency triggered from the source to create a snapshot in the repository.
- Next-Generation Restore
- Granular and full image restores, with indexed object store for search capable files. Browsing snapshots based on search parameters, and many other restore advantages that are simply not available outside of AIMstor.
- Multi-Tier Backup Deduplication
- Utilizing several backup deduplication schemes, from the point of primary data change awareness, to transfer of data, and post process, AIMstor reduces storage capacity needed many fold. See Data Deduplication for more information.
- Centralizes Backups
- Backup and Recovery to and from multiple nodes, laptops, desktops, file servers and application servers, for all-in-one, high performance, backup.
- Tolerant Cache
- If the amount of data that needs to be replicated continuously outstrips available bandwidth, data is kept on the source until bandwidth increases for off-loading the data.
- Network Compression
- A selectable and tunable feature, forces compression of data sent across the network, decreasing network usage.
- Live Monitoring
- Data movement activity can be monitored using the live monitoring facility. Meters and status icons show Network outgoing and incoming queues, and Network percentage utilization.