- AIMstor Innovation
- Online Tools
Documentation / Datasheets
- Print Page
AIMstor Bare Metal Recovery
Bare Metal Restore: The System Recovery Challenge
At the heart of any backup strategy is having an optimum recovery mechanism. The efficiency and flexibility of your recovery tools dictates how quickly your systems will be back in service.
Consequently, an investment in a good disaster recover tool, for both physical and virtual machines, is no longer a choice; it is a necessity to most organizations.
Key Differences in AIMstor's Approach to Bare Metal Restore
- Use Existing CDP & Backup
- Does not require the creation of specialized DR backups. As long as your backup is of the complete operating system, the Disaster Recovery Module will use those backups. This includes using live Backups and even AIMstor's native CDP snapshots, offering you "up-to-the-second" point in time recovery.
- Dissimilar Disk Recovery
- Allows the re-partitioning and re-formatting of disks enabling you to get the full benefit of recovering to a larger disk.
- Dissimilar System Restore
- Allows recovery to different host hardware. The facility to backup from one hardware platform and restore to a different hardware platform is ideal when there is complete system failure, or when there is a requirement to migrate to other hardware.
- Physical to Virtual support
- Allows a recovery of a physical machine to a Virtual machine and vice versa. This is ideal for environments that used virtual servers as standby machines, and also for physical to VM data migration.
- Selectable Data Recovery
- Unlike other recovery products, the AIMstor Disaster Recovery Module is not an "all or nothing" recovery system. You may mix and match what is required. For instance, restore a copy of the operating system from last week, but include the latest application data (Oracle, SQL, etc.) from seconds prior to the system failure.
- Information Aware DR
- Why deal with legacy DR solutions? AIMstor provides policy driven data management, making DR an integral part of the information lifecycle for your data, from creation to disaster, AIMstor is aware
- Choose your disk
- Unlike volume image based Disaster Recovery products, which require the exact previous disk size for restores, AIMstor does not impede you from restoring to larger disk partitions, or if needed, smaller as well
- Disaster Ready
- In a real disaster, you may need to recover to different hardware where the motherboard, graphic card, network controller, RAM size, etc, may be different. AIMstor gives you this flexibility